Washington State Department of Social and Healthervices

Mental Health and Addiction Services

Aging and Long-Term Support Administration (ALTSA)

Behavioral Health Administration (BHA)

Childrens Administration (CA)

Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)

Economic Services Administration (ESA)

Financial Services Administration (FSA)

Services and Enterprise Support Administration (SESA)

Find out how you and your kids can make this summer safe and fun!

How do I apply for cash or food assistance?

How do I report food stamp/EBT fraud?

What is TANF and how can it help with my medical expenses?

What medical programs are available?

More Food, Cash & Medical Information

Can you help me find affordable, safe housing?

Can I get help with rent and utilities?

Can you help me find a long-term care facility in WA State?

Is there housing for victims of domestic violence?

I am looking for housing that supports my recovery from a substance use or mental health disorder

More Housing Assistance Information

What should I do if I think a child is being abused?

I need healthcare for my children.  Do I qualify for the Apple Health for Kids program?

Are there any programs available to help me pay for child care?

I am adopting a foster child.  Can I get financial assistance through the Adoption Support Program?

I need information on becoming a foster parent.

Child Protective Services (CPS) is involved with my family. I need help understanding what to do next.

How do I receive my court ordered child support?

If I am raising my grandchild, can I collect child support from the parents?

How does domestic violence impact my case?

As an employer, how do I report a new hire on the Internet?

How do I prevent my teen from running away?

Can I get help sending my foster child to college?

Are there any mentoring programs available?

What programs are available for incarcerated youth?

What help is available for homeless youth?

How do I report suspected abuse/neglect of a vulnerable adult?

How do I know if I am eligible for long-term care in my home or residential settings?

Can you help me find a long-term care facility in WA State?

Where can I find Caregiver support?

How do I become a long-term care provider?

How do I find deaf and hard of hearing services?

How do I get free or low-cost health insurance to pay for treatment?

How do I find mental health treatment services?

How is a person admitted to a state hospital?

How do I find treatment for addiction?

How can I find out about drug prevention programs in my community?

More Mental Health & Addiction Services Information

If I have a disability how do I find a job?

How can I find developmental disability information?

How do I apply for Social Security Disability and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?

Is there assistive technology for people who are deaf, hard of hearing or deaf-blind?

I am trying to reach Disability Determination Services. What is the phone number?

Im on Supplemental Security Income, can I still work?

More Disability Support Information

Nearly one out of every four Washington citizens turns to the Department of Social and Health Services Economic Services Administration for assistance with cash, food, child support, child care, disability determination, transition to employment, and other services.  Core services focus on:

Provides enterprise level services and support to DSHS Administrations providing direct services to  clients and communities, helping DSHS save money and allowing employees to be more productive.  SESA provides support to nearly 17,000 staff and approximately 23,000 contractors each year.

As the public child welfare agency for the state of Washington, our 2,400 staff in 46 field offices work with children and families to identify their needs and develop a plan for services that support families and assure the safety and well-being of children. These services are designed to reduce the risk of abuse, to find safe alternatives to out-of-home placement, and to ensure safety and permanency for children in out-of-home care.

Provides services that empower senior citizens and people with disabilities to remain independent and supported in settings of their choice. This is accomplished through person-centered case management that works with individuals to build a care plan that reflects the individuals choices and preferences.

Administers programs designed to assist individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to obtain services and supports based on individual preferences, capabilities, and needs.   DDA strives to develop and implement public policies that promote:

Individual worth, self-respect, dignity; and power and choice.

Healthy, safe and fulfilling lives.

Supports that meet the individuals needs during the persons life span.

Washington Connection has changed their sign in feature.  If you have trouble signing in, please contact the WaTech Support Center at (360) 407-9100 or .gov.

Division of Vocational Rehabilitation